I am so so glad it is the weekend. It has been a crazy few weeks in this December with long hours in the lab so I am happy it is finally holiday time and things are starting to wind down and celebrations are starting with office holiday parties!
Today my department is having an “Ugly Sweater” Holiday Party, and I decided to do festive eye makeup to match my ugly sweater (see my instagram @phd_fashionista for a peak at my cool science-y ugly sweater! lol!)
I broke out my Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette that I have been in love with for the past year because of the great pigmented colors, but I haven’t used it in a while. Since I knew it had a vivid green and red, I decided to use them to create a holiday look! See the look and take a look at the tutorial below!
1. First I primed my lid with a eyeshadow primer, I always use the Urban Decay Primer Potion, to make sure my makeup lasts the entire day.
2. I then applied (1) Bobby Dazzle to the inner corner of my lid.
3. I then dabbed (2) Last sin into the crease and towards the brow bone to add an easy transition color.
4. Next, I added (3) Dragon, trying to blend it slightly with the white of the bobby dazzle.
5. I finally dipped my brush in (4) Sonic and applied it to the outer corner, working it in a “C” motion, trying to apply some into the crease to create a transition and I used the fatter side of the brush to blend it so there were no harsh lines.
6. I then applied some (2) Dragon to the lower lash line for a pop of color – you can’t really see this in the photo but I promise it is there!
7. I then lined my upper and lower lids as close to the lashline as possible with liquid liner, and winged it out. Check out a previous post for a tutorial on my cat eye! I use my favorite Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner!
8. And last but not least, I added some mascara to my lashes – I used the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – love this mascara!
What do you think about this look? Have you created any Holiday Makeup looks? I would love to see them or see your favorites, if you would link them to me below!
Do you have another favorite makeup palette for holiday looks? Do let me know what they are!
Do you have any holiday parties and festivities with friends and family coming up? I would love to hear about your holiday plans whatever they are!
Have a great weekend!
Shop similar products: