I am bringing back my makeup tutorials, as I haven’t had a chance to do one in a while! I am also going to get back on track for 2 posts a week, I was trying hard to keep up but with traveling and the stresses of life I had been posting once a week! But I have a lot of fresh new content to deliver so be on the lookout for more things!
I am SO so so happy it’s Friday! I had such a busy and stressful week, and it’s finally over. I easily worked over 60 hours this week, and those 60 hrs were spent on preparation work and literally running around all day, so I don’t feel as bad not going to the gym or working out. Although I have been trying to do some yoga every day!
Here is a makeup tutorial for a look I wore this past weekend to a fellow blogger’s baby shower using a new Palette I have had for a while but never opened, the L’Oreal LA Palette Nude 2! I got this Palette at the Vanity Fair Social Club event for the Oscars a few months ago but I never used it because I was so obsessed with my Urban Decay Palettes. One day I thought I would try to create a new look with this palette and I fell in love with the colors! They are all matte, but they create a really glam look when paired correctly! The palette even has some look tutorials on the back!
And now the Tutorial:
1. Sweep the lightest shade labeled (1) along the lash line and into the tear duct/inner corner of your eye to highlight your eye.
2. Next, I added (2) across the middle portion of my eye, sweeping enough to see a difference in the shade.
3. Lastly, I added a combination of two darker shades I labeled (3) at the outer corner and also into the crease, to add some definition.
4. I then used my favorite Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner to create this winged look (for tutorial check out my tutorial HERE.
5. I then coated my upper and lower lashes with Urban Decay Perversion Mascara to complete the look!
What do you think about this look? What kind of event would you wear this look to?
It reminds me of a cut crease look that I have seen on other makeup artists particularly on instagram!
Let me know what other kind of makeup tutorials you would like in the comments below!
Shop the products: