I am back with a *late* blog post, but I liked it so much I thought I would post it anyway. The craziness of life has started to slow down, so I have more time to post! I was working crazy long hours to try to finish experiments before I leave on my trip, and throw moving a whole one bedroom apartment over a weekend was a feat in itself – I didn’t realize how much stuff I have accumulated since living by myself! My new apartment is almost completely set up, which feels good and I can finally relax! And then in a week I will be heading off to Europe – first to a conference in Spain – which I am ECSTATIC about! I have always wanted to go to Spain, and particularly Barcelona! and then off to Cyprus to lounge by the beach and hang out with family! SO. EXCITED.
Today I bring you a Fourth of July makeup tutorial from last week, using shades from my beloved UD Vice3 Palette! This palette is seriously so versatile, and can create so many different looks, as you have seen with my makeup tutorial series using this one palette! Even something like a Fourth of July look can be created! I took a break from packing last Saturday to go to a BBQ, and decided to try to be festive, so I pulled out my palette and created this look! I realized after its not completely original since a lot of other people have done this look but I didn’t look at any other photos to come up with the idea! Lol. Take a look!
1. I always prime my lids using the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it really does help the makeup last throughout the day! You can use any primer on your lids, but this one works great!
2. I first swept Bobby Dazzle (2) in the middle of the lid, just to get the white priming the lid. This seems counter intuitive but it made it a lot easier to blend the shades later!
3. I then swept Sonic (1) in the inner lid/corner of the lid, and tried to blend it with the Bobby Dazzle but careful not to blend it too far.
4. I then added Freeze (3) to the outer corner, and tried to blend it out, and also added some of this to the bottom lash line
5. I then used my Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner to line the top lid, and also winged it out.
6. I also used my Urban Decay Perversion Mascara to finish off the look.
And a car selfie before the BBQ event
What do you think about this look?
Did you wear anything festive for the holiday (if you are from America)?
Do let me know in the comments below!