Happy Friday loves! TGIF!
I'm glad its the weekend! Even though I feel like I didn't get much done experiment wise, I still feel exhausted, from running around doing things I needed, and finished a final presentation for a class I was taking. Today I helped plan a End of Year party for the graduate students in our department that is Luau themed! I love anything Hawaiian themed, and it brought me back to last year when I went to Waikiki to visit my cousin! I bought the decorations and leis and I am really excited to start setting up in a few hours!
Here is a makeup look inspired by the colorful hawaiian vibes! I used my Vice 3 Palette (seriously, the makeup looks and combinations are endless!), and the colors are so vibrant, I love how it came out. I still haven't mastered the great photography techniques other makeup bloggers have mastered, but I am trying!
1. First I primed my lid with a eyeshadow primer, I always use the Urban Decay Primer Potion, to make sure my makeup lasts the entire day.
2. I then applied (1) Bobby Dazzle to the inner corner of my lid.
3. I then dabbed (2) Dragon a little over the white color, and tried to blend it.
4. Next, I added (3) Sonic, trying to blend it slightly with the green.
5. I then dabbed some (4) Vanity to the next part of my lid, trying to keep it light and blend with (3) Sonic.
6. I finally dipped my brush in (5) Bondage and applied it to the outer corner, working it in a "C" motion, trying to apply some into the crease to create a transition and I used the fatter side of the brush to blend it so there were no harsh lines.
7. I then applied some (2) Dragon to the lower lash line for a pop of color - you can't really see this in the photo but I promise it is there!
8. I then lined my upper and lower lids as close to the lashline as possible with liquid liner, and winged it out. Check out a previous post for a tutorial on my cat eye! I use my favorite Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner!
9. I also did a mini lower wing, that I have been recently obsessed with!
10. I then finally rimmed my lower lid with some black eye liner - any one would work, but I use a Covergirl Black Eye liner pencil.
11. And last but not least, I added some mascara to my lashes - I used the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - love this mascara!
And the numbered photo for placement:
What do you think about this fun look for a party? I am wearing it to work before the party, which adds a little fun to my work day!
Let me know in the comments below if you know of any other palettes with such vibrant shades of eye shadow! I really want to get another palette!
PS. Did you hear about the new Urban Decay Naked Shadows Palette?? It is released July 8 and I WANT IT!!! But there will probably be a wait list/back order, so I might just wait for it for Christmas!
Have a great weekend!