As it is may already, I am already thinking about and trying to plan my summer getaway. I am overdue for a vacation, and this stress from work is killing me! I am dreaming of sun, beach, coffee/drinks, and relaxation at a place far far away! I am trying to turn this into a European escapade, so I will let you know the details as soon as I know more myself! hehe!
Today I bring to you a style board with some pieces and inspirations that I have been in love with recently.
1. Blazers: Ever since I went to the conference, I have been in love with blazers and wearing them over a casual outfit. They add the right amount of chic and elegance while still being able to be worn more casually if the moment calls for it. They are very versatile, can be worn to work, over a dress, over a blouse, or even a T-shirt! I am stocking up on blazers and trying to wear them as part of different outfits to create more variation in my outfits!
2. Floral Print Spring Dresses: Something that I think I am going to carry over into summer is floral print dresses – I am in love with big floral prints this season, and what more romantic that a light, flowy skater dress with a flower print! Super easy to wear and easy to dress up or down, depending on the occasion!
3. Bright, Ombre Blouses and Crop tops – I am in love with bright colored tops and blouses, and particularly love crop tops, where I can match with a high waisted skirt or pants! I am too self conscious to show off my tummy, but maybe on vacation I would sport these out to the beach or a night out (that’s a big maybe…haha). Blouses and bright tops are also wearable to work, so I will get multiple wearings out of these same pieces!
4. Dark jeans – I love dark jeans, and have been investing in some new nice pairs. Dark jeans are versatile, because you can wear them out and dress them up, or wear them more casual — I tend to wear them to work and they are perfect with a cute blouse and some boots!
5. Shoes – I am all about the ankle booties this season! I love how they can be easily worn with a pair of cuffed jeans, with a dress, with shorts, anything really! I have been able to match ankle boots with so many different outfits, they are perfect when trying to come up with different things to wear! And of course, heels/sandals for nights out – you can wear these Valentino inspired heels that I found at Charlotte Russe that were similar, with jeans, or dressed up to go out. And simple black sandals, always easy to wear with a casual outfit with jeans, shorts, or dress down a cute floral dress!
6. Fringe bags – In case I haven’t said this before, I LOVE fringe recently. I am still on the lookout for a cute fringe bag, but these selections are some of my favorites. So I am on the lookout for similar bags! Super casual yet still chic enough to dress up any outfit!
What do you think about my Style Inspirations for Spring/Summer?
Is there something here you like or don’t like? What is your staple piece for these coming seasons?? Let me know in the comments below!
Have a great week!